Organised by the Bratislava Regional administration, the conference will mark recent developments and future plans regarding Jewish heritage in the Bratislava region, including the restoration of the synagogue in Senec and plans to restore the synagogue in Svaty Jur.
Topics will include:
- The importance of Slovak monuments in Europe
- Plans for the abandoned synagogues and cemeteries
- The story of the synagogue in Senec
- The monumental value of the synagogue in Svätý Jur
- Symbolism of tombstones in Jewish cemeteries
The conference is organized by the Bratislava self-governing region on the occasion of 2021 European Cultural Heritage Days, with input from the SNM – Museum of Jewish Culture, the Academia Istropolitana Nova, the Monuments Office of the Slovak Republic and the Municipal Office for the Protection of Monuments in Bratislava.