3 Walworth Road
South Circular Road
Tel: +353 857 067 357
Opened by the Irish-born former President of Israel Dr. Chaim Herzog in 1985, the museum occupies the former Walworth Road Synagogue, which was located in two adjoining brick row houses in a one-time Jewish neighborhood and could seat 150 people. Its mandate is to “collect, preserve and present for public display material and artefacts relating to the Irish Jewish Community and Judaism in general and to make available such memorabilia to visitors, researchers and students.” (Chaim Herzog’s father Isaac Herzog was Chief Rabbi of Ireland from 1919 to 1937.)
St. Patrick’s Close
Dublin 8, Ireland
Tel: +353 1 454 3511
The Library was founded by Narcissus Marsh, who taught Hebrew in Oxford before coming to Dublin in 1679. He continued to buy books in Hebrew and Yiddish during his time in Ireland. The library includes his collection of Jewish books printed across early-modern Europe.
The first (and only) center for the study of Jewish and Near Eastern Religions and Culture in Ireland, it was established in honor of the family of former Israeli president Chaim Herzog. The University’s Library has a collection of Hebrew printed works and manuscripts.
Arts and Social Sciences Building, Trinity College Dublin
Holdings mainly include artifacts from the ancient Middle East, but there is also material from up until the Middle Ages and times of the Crusades.