The Friends of the Budapest Jewish Cemetery are organizing its first family clean-up and documentation event at this enormous historic cemetery. Everybody is welcome, from children to the elderly.
You can volunteer for:
Cleaning activities and gardening: no special skills required for this activity.
Documenting the graves (for a new photo archive): on those sections that had already been cleaned-up by the organization, volunteers may take pictures of the graves, which will be published on the website’s database of the cemetery’s graves.
As that the cemetery is far away from the city, we advise you to bring water and snacks, and make sure you bring some mosquito repellent with you. Wear comfortable clothes, and men don’t forget to wear a hat, as this is a religious site.
Gardening tools will be available for about 10 people. So volunteers are asked to bring their own flower shears, gloves and brushes, if they have them.
The 26th annual Sefer conference.
- section dedicated to the 50 anniversary of death Itsic Manger
- a section dedicated to the history and culture of Lithuanian Jews
- a section on the history and culture of the Mountain Jews
- a section dedicated to the evacuation and the first post-war years
- section “between the earthly and the divine: images, technology and Kabbalah in modern times”
- Section “Romania, Romania, Romania: between dream and reality of the first half of the XX century”