As of Feb. 3 — only the March 31 date is still available! Feb. 24 is sold out!
Walking tours organized by Chabad and led by Chabad Rabbi Mendy
During the 18th and 19th centuries London’s Islington borough had one of the largest Jewish populations in England. Discover the borough’s Jewish history.
The tour includes important sites of the historic Jewish community, including where the North London Synagogue once stood. You will find out about a wide range of characters, where they came from, where they lived, where they worshipped, and what happened to them. A rich cast of politicians, founders of business empires, inventors, mathematicians, artists, architects, writers, eccentrics, and villains is promised – not forgetting the many people with more ordinary lives who made up the community.
Meeting place in Islington will be provided on booking.
At Lag B’Omer, a training seminar for tour guides on Hasidic history and heritage will be held — in English, sponsored by several institutions and organizations in cooperation with local Jewish bodies and Bar Ilan University.
The aims are:
- to improve knowledge about Hasidism, especially Seer of Lublin and his students
- to improve guiding and storytelling skills
- to visit sites most important for the history of Hasidism in eastern Poland
- to meet people from all over Poland, Israel and abroad
The seminar will include:
- Study Groups Relating to “The Seer of Lublin” and His Hasidic Court: Historical and Theological Background
- Lectures of Israeli and Polish experts
- Hasidic Tales and Music
- Lag Baomer Celebration
- Study tours in: Lublin – Leżajsk – Łańcut – Kock
Registration is open till March 31, 2019.
For more information and registration:
Agata Radkowska-Parka : email@example.com
– – – –