A major exhibit at the Bologna Jewish Museum will focus on the city’s “lost” medieval Jewish cemetery: it was destroyed in 1569 by order of Pope Pius V and was rediscovered during excavations in 2012-2014.
the exhibit features material found in the graves — including gold, silver, and bronze jewelry incorporating gemstones and amber, as well as other precious artifacts, using them to tell the story of medieval Jewish life in the city.
It was curated and organized by the Bologna Jewish Museum and the Superintendency of Archaeology, Fine Arts and Landscape for Bologna and the provinces of Modena, Reggio Emilia and Ferrara, in collaboration with the Jewish Community of Bologna.
Clean-up and maintenance operation at Budapest’s main Jewish cemetery, with the participation of around 30 students from the city’s Scheiber Jewish school. The students will work in groups of 10 on three different areas of the cemetery, documenting, cleaning and re-painting the signage of the cemetery’s rows.