Ancienne Gare de Hollerich
3A, rue de la Déportation
Tel: +352 (0) 247 88191
Fax: +352 (0) 248 73043
Located at the former Hollerich station, from which local Jews and others were deported to labor and concentration camps during World War II.
Place de la Résistance
This museum-cum-memorial commemorates the resistance to the Nazi occupation of Luxembourg and includes information on the fate of the country’s Jews.
Several other regional or local museums in Luxembourg are devoted to World War II resistance and forced labor.
A Holocaust Memorial near the Funfbrunnen (Cinqfontaines) Monastery near Troisvierges in northern Luxembourg commemorates the site from which about 700 Jews were deported. After the Nazi invasion of 10 May 1940, Jews were taken here and held in the monastery. The site was called a ‘retirement’ or ‘old age home’ (Jüdische Altersheim), but in reality was a concentration camp where Jews were held until deportation further east. See PHOTO.