Have Your Say is a feature on Jewish Heritage Europe where we publish op-ed pieces, personal essays, project reports, and other articles on Jewish heritage issues by our readers, experts, and other interested people.
They include opinion pieces and discussions as well as first-hand descriptions of projects and on-site experiences.
Do you have something to say? Get in touch with us with ideas you wish to write about and publish on our site.
Meanwhile, browse the archive in the sidebar to find articles by eminent scholars, project leaders, and activists
- The Great Maharsha Synagogue in Ostroh: Memory and Oblivion. Have we reached the point of no return?
- Saving Jewish Cemeteries: We Owe It to the Murdered
- The oldest Sefer Torah as a stimulus for the future
- Jewish spaces, German obligation, World Heritage?
- Why I Am Writing a Field Guide to Jewish Cemeteries – for Poles
- “We Can’t Live on Air” — Why the Litvak Cemetery Catalogue put its database behind a paywall
- A New Day for the Golden Rose in L’viv
- Houses of Life: A Letter from the Hohenems Diaspora
- Working towards Reconciliation: A Christian’s involvement in Jewish cemetery restoration
- The Sermon That Changed (not just) My Life
- Epitaphs: Poignant Connections to a World Now Gone
- Migratory Patterns and the Birds of Probizhna
- Touring the Invisible: The Public Recovery of England’s Medieval Jewish History
- How recognizing the “Jewish country house” expands our understanding of Jewish heritage
- Six ghettos, five museums, and four concentration camps in three weeks; or how I spent my summer vacation
- Maximizing Jewish cemetery protection in Europe
- The Old Jewish Cemetery at Lesko; a poem (& photos)
- At London’s Sandys Row Synagogue: Delving into Layers of History
- New Life, New Exhibit, at Lublin Yeshiva
- “Makom” in a revived synagogue in Crete: the Role of Nikos Stavroulakis z”l
- … a note from the JHE Coordinator