The exhibition “Jewish Płock – Architectural Visions and Realizations” opens December 4 at theMuseum of Mazovian Jews, which is located in a former synagogue in the town northwest of Warsaw. Curated by Gabriela Nowak of the Mazovian Museum and Agnieszka Wojciechowska of the State Archive in Płock, it will present architectural drawings and other material from the second half of the 19th century to 1939.
These include original architectural drawings made for Jewish-owned buildings in Płock, as well as information about the owners of these buildings and people who lived there. The drawings range from plans for the Great Synagogue, demolished in 1951, to homes and businesses — and even an outdoor toilet.
Also included in the exhibition will be a wooden model of the Great Synagogue made by Zdzisław Leszczyński director of the Vistula Museum in Wyszogród.
The Museum of Mazovian Jews opened in 2013 in the only surviving synagogue building in the town. The exhibition will be on display at the museum until mid-February 2015 and then move to the State Archive.
The curators generously have allowed JHE to post pictures from the exhibit here, as a preview.