The Managing Jewish Immovable Heritage conference, held in Krakow in April 2013, featured a lively session on Jewish cemeteries. The speakers, their topics — and the discussion — illustrated a wide range of issues and concerns.
Presentations by individual panelists can be accessed through time of talk:
- Chair: Rabbi Michael Schudrich (Chief Rabbi of Poland)
- 01:35 Prof. Jonathan Webber (Jagiellonian University): The aesthetics of restoring a Jewish cemetery
- 19:06 Tobias Rütenik: Cemetery documentation, the Weissensee project, Germany
- 36:44 Ruta Anulyte: Maceva project (Lithuania) Grassroots NGO, also connected with the Jewish community, dealing with preservation and cemetery clean-up.
- 52:19 Abraham Ginsberg: CPJCE Committee for the Preservation of Jewish Cemeteries in Europe
- 71:40 Jasna Ciric (Jewish community Nis, Serbia) – Nis Jewish cemetery – new challenges, even after apparent success